Tuesday, April 14, 2009

American Idol Top 7 Recap

Photobucket
I LOVE music from movies, so I've been looking forward to tonight all week! One of my favorite sites for all-things Idol is GirlsTalkinSmack.com. LOVED their song suggestions for this week and hope some of the contestants choose the songs they mention.

Allison - Love this song. Did you know I'm a HUGE Aerosmith fan? Good song choice for her for sure. Great job!

Anoop - And this week, another ballad from Anoop. One trick pony? I hope he takes Quentin's advice and roughs it up a little otherwise it'll be bor-ing. It's not bad - but it just 'is' for me.

Adam - Hmm....this is probably my least favorite of Adam's performances. And the pants...to tight for my liking, but that might be my *ahem* age showing. I still love him, just didn't love the song. OMG - the crowd is going wild! I think I'm bordering on "the other side" that Simon is referring to, altho "despise" is too strong of a word for how I feel.

Matt - This song has always creeped me out. I don't know why. Vocally I thought it was good. But just ok. Matt might be in trouble this week? I don't think he was confident going into it.

Danny - I LOVE this song. Again, my age is showing tonight! Oh, how I love to sing this in karaoke. I absolutely butcher it, but I love it. Not loving Danny's version. I think this is such an emotional song - and it's hard to recreate what Lionel Richie and Diana Ross put into it. He didn't make it his own in my opinion.

Kris - OMG!!!! PLEASE let him do well, I LOVE this song from "Once." And more and more I'm really loving Kris. LOVE it. LOVE. And...he's hot. For me this is his best performance. My favorite performance of the night.

Lil - I think Lil LOOKS great - definitely the best she's looked for a performance. And that's my Paula Abdul way of saying that I didn't really like it. All done, Lil?

1. Kris
2. Allison
3. Adam
4. Danny
5. Matt
6. Anoop
7. Lil

I think Lil is going home this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about Adam anymore. He sure is talented, but his screaming gets on my nerves. Bad!!!

I loved Kris last night. He is the underdog for me in this competition. I want to see him do well.

CGSChristine

Anonymous said...

Adam gives me the chills when he sings. Totally 80's Glam rocker. Maybe its coming back? The crowds love him.

Danny made me want to cry when he looked up after he finished his song like he was singing to his wife.

Kris's mouth still bugs me. I can't get over it, but he is so hot.

Bye-Bye Lil. SO SORRY!
~Hillary