Monday, March 30, 2009

Heigl Doesn't Want Out Of Grey's?

Photobucket
Now that it looks inevitable that Katherine Heigl's Grey's Anatomycharacter, Izzie Stevens, is going to kick the bucket Heigl is saying that she doesn't necessarily want to leave the show that made her famous.

In the past, Heigl has been non-committal about staying on the show and has indicated that she would like to focus on her movie career. Last year she took her name out of Emmy consideration, dissing the show saying, "I did not feel that I was given the material this season to warrant an Emmy nomination, and in an effort to maintain the integrity of the academy organization, I withdrew my name from contention," she said in a statement.

"In addition, I did not want to potentially take away an opportunity from an actress who was given such materials."


This move was seen as a diss to Grey's writers and especially Shonda Rhimes, the show's creator.

Time will tell what happens with sick doc, Izzie. My guess is that the show's creators are going to make Heigl wait until next year to learn her character's fate.

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Interesting. Now that the show is back on track, she doesn't want to leave. Whatever Heigl.

atky2000 said...

She's very quickly running out of *Star Juice* -- maybe she's not seeing as many bankable "knocked up" roles and is back pedaling?

amy said...

I think she realizes with the shitty economy the movie industry is hurting and she's better off where she is. She gets on my nerves!

Unknown said...

I call bullshit on her. I think now that it looks like Izzie is getting killed off she's just saying she wants to stay so she doesn't look bad. I say she still want O-U-T!

Amy said...

I think she's gonna croak on the show. Bye-bye Izzie!

Anonymous said...

kill her off! kill them all off!