Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Bringing Puffy Back?

I refused to change. I knew he'd come back to it. That's right. Sean "Puff Daddy" Combs is back and it's just making everyone mad. I guess now that he's firmly planted as a B-Lister he's going back to his A-List name. Rememember back in the day when JLo would talk about him and she always called him "Puffy?" I do.

My husband and I had a 4 hour layover at JFK when we were headed to the Carribean for our honeymoon. I decided to leave the International Terminal without my husband (who was asleep with his cell phone turned off, ugh). As I was walking out of the security area who should be walking in with an entrourage about 10 deep but Puffy himself! He was being let in as I was coming out and we bumped shoulders. Yeah, you heard me. I rubbed shoulders with Puff! This was back in 2001 - HEIGHT of his popularity. Man, I was SO excited. Of course, it was ridiculously early in the morning so I couldn't get a hold of any of my friends and ended up leaving several giddy messages for all of my besties. Except Craig. I couldn't effing believe he had his cell phone turned off! And then, it took me almost an hour to get BACK into the International Terminal. So, by the time I was reunited with my new husband I think I said something like, "If you weren't such an idiot you might have seen Puff Daddy." I think he just looked at me with a disinterested/confused look on his face and was like, "Huh?"

Sean John P.Diddy Combs will always be Puff Daddy to me. Even if he is lame.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Stacee said...

I thought P. Diddy was the stupidest thing ever, and then I finally got used it it. LOL
Quit pulling a JLo.

Anonymous said...

I can so see you do the happy dance for this! LOL
CGSChristine