Friday, March 14, 2008

Michael Jackson Keeps Neverland!

Michael Jackson has staged quite a coup - sweeping in at the last minute and saving Neverland from being auctioned next Wednesday. Have you SEEN Neverland lately? I'm really not sure why Jackson is fighting to keep it. He hasn't been there since 2005, he's persona non-grata in the US and I hear he's been looking to build a new compound in England? Well, whatever. I guess now it'll just sit there, looking like this:
Photobucket
The Neverland Ranch railway station. The floral clock in front of the building is overgrown. The clock has stopped, and numbers are missing.

Photobucket
On what was the bumper car rink, the canopy is clearly ripped and discolored by the sun. The entire area around is just rundown.

Photobucket
An enclosure which once held part of Jacko's collection of exotic animals is abandoned, water stagnant.
(Pics: The Daily Mail)

6 comments:

Charlotte said...

It's too bad someone wasn't given an opportunity to buy Neverland and really make something better out of it.

Marlena said...

I read too that the Jackson's are looking at property in Europe. He needs to sell Neverland. But who would buy it? Oh and do you think this whole thing had anything to do with Idol being able to use Beatles songs?

Unknown said...

I read that it was a $400 million deal. Split between Paul, Ringo and the estates of John & George, as well as Jackson, Apple, the old Apple Records.

Marlena said...

Even with all those splits it's a good chuck of change!!

Jackie said...

I still wish Michael was black.

Michelle said...

Jackie I wish he still had a nose!

Neverland seems to creep me out a bit - the whole never grow up complex is a bit too odd for my taste. Play with some grown ups please!