Monday, April 20, 2009

Happy Monday!

Good morning! Jake, Sam & I got to Florida Saturday night and have been enjoying the sun and warm weather. I gave my husband reason to be glad I was leaving for two weeks before I left. After much hubub with me trying to get myself, a 5 and 3 year old ready for a 2 week vacation, running around, etc, my husband took us to the airport. It was puzzling that we couldn't find our airline listed in any of the terminals at O'Hare. Just as we were about to park and go in to figure things out, I pulled up my itinerary on my Blackberry. "Oh shit, Craig! We're flying out of Midway!!" I was mortified. To his credit, Craig didn't even get mad at me. What a guy! We still made it to the airport in time and actually, I thought it was MUCH easier to deal with Midway than O'Hare. But still....I felt pretty stupid.

We're headed to the beach today and then up to Orlando for a day at The Magic Kingdom and a day at Sea World. I'm DEFINITELY more excited than the boys are. They have no idea what to expect. While I am planning on updating my blog during the next two weeks - it will most likely be light. Please bear with me and be sure to check back on May 4th for the announcement of my summer "Favorite Things Giveaway" and more exciting news!

I posted today about Kate Hudson's 30th birthday bash. Interesting that Justin Timberlake was "the life of the party," isn't it? Remember when JT and Kate hooked up at her New Year's Eve party a few years ago? With reports that love is on the rocks with surly, paparazzi tipin' Jessica Biel and Hudson off-again with Owen Wilson - maybe the time is right for a Hudson/Timberlake fling?! LOVE IT.

Did you see "Grey Gardens" this weekend on HBO? I haven't seen it yet, but I have been watching the original documentary. Wow! I'm now holding off on watching the Barrymore/Lange movie until I've finished the documentary. I'd love to know what you thought about it if you saw it!

xoxo
Nikki

0 comments: