Wednesday, April 1, 2009

American Idol Top 9 Recap

Photobucket

Anoop - I don't LOVE it, but I'm also not embarrassed for him - which has been a problem I've had with Anoop in his "higher energy" performances. I don't think it was the best song choice, but it was ok. Ooooh - Simon trashed it, I didn't think it was that bad.

Megan - I'll admit it, I've been under Megan's spell. She's a BEAUTIFUL girl. This is not good. And what's up with her outfit? It makes her look like even she has a muffin top. Oh Megan, this could be your swan song. Maybe she can model??

Danny - From the first note you can tell that this is a song that means something to him. Knowing the back story, I have tears in my eyes listening to it. I have NOT been a big Danny fan, but he did an amazing job. Wonderful!!

Allison - GREAT song choice. This girl is a pro. Again, I haven't been a huge fan of hers but week after week she hits it out of of the park! Good job! Randy really wants to rag on the OUTFIT?! Come on. Even Simon is going to trash her based on the outfit?! I dunno, I think it was better than that.

Scott - He NEEDS a big night. Let's see....(his hair looks better)....no, sorry. The vocals just aren't there for me. He seems like a very nice boy, but no. It's just not as good as it should be. Eh, guess the judges feel differently. Did you guys think it was that good?

Matt - Oh no, I love him but I'm not loving this! I don't know, I hated it - but I didn't love Scott. Maybe I'm off this week. Paula didn't like it - that doesn't say anything. Simon? Simon? Ok, I'm not off. Just not very good this week.

Lil - Again, I'm distracted by an ill-fitting dress. Terrible song choice. WTF?! How can she be so far off from the kind of song she SHOULD be singing? And I'm sorry....SPANX?! Has no one on staff mentioned SPANX to the girl?? And this isn't about being "fat." She's certainly not fat. But that dress CRIES for Spanx. Smooth it out, girl!

Adam- I don't know what to think. But I do know this - his stage presence. Amazing. But come on...too much screaming. Stop screaming at me! Still - he HOT. (Uh, Kara - what the hell is "Studio 57?" Is that like the not quite as cool Studio 54?)

Kris - I LOVE this song. He's such an underdog in this competition. I think he's really talented. SOLID. Great performance, best of the night!

1. Kris
2. Danny
3. Adam
4. Allison
5. Scott
6. Anoop
7. Matt
8. Lil
9. Megan

I think Megan will go home tonight.

7 comments:

Barb D. said...

I think Kara is taking over as the new ditzy judge. Between her Studio 57 comment and saying "I've got 6 words for you" and it turns out being 8 words, it makes me wonder about her. On Ellen last week, she admitted that she has terrible stage fright. I wonder if she just gets rattled. I also think Simon and Paul need to be separated. I'm getting tired of their antics.

Anonymous said...

The best of the night by far was Kris. Last night was a horrible night. I don't know if Megan is going home tonight though. I think its either going to be Scott or Anoop. Lil actually made me like her last night.

I FINALLY figured out who Adam sounds like!!! Have you seen the movie Rock Star? Mark Walberg? Totally huh! LMAO. Too Funny.
~Hillary

Salina said...

I LOVED Kris last night!!!

Lil's dress was really bothering me too. She looked thin in her video part and then on stage looked bigger.

i didn't like that all they did was talk about Allison's outfit. I thought she sang GREAT!

I LOL'd at "studio 57". What was that?!?!

kim8424 said...

Good call Nikki

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Megan is gone. That totally sucks!
~Hillary

Lee said...

I hear you and feel you about Adam. I can't stand the guy. The screeching! And Scott needs to go. He just freaks me out. Kris, not my fave, sorry. I don't like it when people grimace when they sing. Allison, rocks! Lil would rock if she picked better songs but she still sings the crap out of whatever. Love Matt and Danny.

coffee maker said...

now that Adam Lambert has pulled off performing "Play That Funky Music," i'm reasonably sure he can pull off anything