Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Kanye West Gets Humble?

Photobucket
Who gave Kanye West a piece of humble pie?! In the current issue of Complex magazine West owns up to boorish past behavior, especially against MTV and Grammy producers. He says, "I would never spaz on MTV the way I did before."

"I feel like there are people who have given a lot to me and I wasn't appreciative of them.

"MTV had a major part in making me, so how the hell could I ever come out of my mouth and dis them and just be like the cry-baby b*tch over one performance? How the hell is a 29-year-old grown man acting like a little b*tch and getting all emotional? How spoiled can I get?"

"I look at my Grammy speech from last year and I cringe," he adds, referring to his reaction when Grammy producers tried to cut short his acceptance speech during the 2008 ceremony.

"Nobody got it and it made me look like a complete a*******, and it just confirmed that Kanye's arrogant and not appreciative.

"You should always be gracious in a situation like that because that's their show. Who am I to feel like I have rights to any extra time when it's their show?

"I came in as a bit of a hothead and now I'm completely respectful - I really have the opportunity to live my dreams out and have my Grammy moments and build a great relationship with these people.

"And I learned from that. I publicly apologized for it."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I wonder if this is truly from the heart, or just more PR spin? I've always been critical of Kanye to the point of disgust. Time will tell if he's changed.

Fonda