Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Is American Idol Rigged?

Photobucket
I've been getting emails from supposed insiders at American Idol for the past year or so claiming that there's a tell-all book in the works. They say the book will blow the lid on AI - that the show is rigged, winners are chosen early on and bad songs given to certain contestants that will get them the boot.

The New York Daily News today is reporting that an AI staffer has leaked that the final four has already been chosen by producers and they are - Adam Lambert, Lil Rounds, Danny Gokey and Alexis Grace.

Asked if this was opinion or actual fact, the staffer vehemently retorted, “Those ARE the people,” saying it wasn’t mere speculation.

But the lass took it a step further, claiming that higher-ups at the hit Fox show were taking an issue with two of the top contenders.

“Adam Lambert and Lil Rounds are better singers and musicians than Gokey and Grace, but they’re too much like past winners and ‘A’ successes,” the woman said. “Adam’s too close in style and sound to Chris Daughtry, while Lil Rounds is a dead ringer for Fantasia. Even their background stories are similar!

“The producers really want it to be Danny or Alexis. They think they’re very commercially viable, have a good image and a great story.”


What do you guys think? Do you think the show is rigged? Do you think producers try to influence who the winner will be? Do you think this will be The Final Four?

Be sure to tune in for tonight's 2-hour show. It's Grand Ol' Opry Night so it should be....painful with lots of bitching from Simon.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't watch Idol too much, but I've often wondered if it's rigged. I mean, you get reports about some making it to Hollywood and they're connected to the show by this, that or the other.

It makes you wonder.

Char-

Barb D. said...

I've got 2 words for you:
Taylor Hicks
and they can still think it's rigged?

And, Adam being too close in style and sound to Chris Daughtry? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!!!!

atky2000 said...

Agree w/Barb!

I'm sure the producers "steer" things how they want, but there's too much at stake for the show to ever be found out a fraud.

Salina said...

LOL!
Good one Barb!!!

Unknown said...

Barb - I'm 1000% with ya! Taylor Hicks AND Ruben Studdard! haha

Michelle said...

I think all this talk is just to draw more attention to the show. Drama = ratings!

I agree with Barb too, Taylor was/is AWFUL!

Can't wait for tonight! It could be very painful but that makes Simon that much more entertaining to watch.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Michelle and Barb. I do hope that Danny is in the top 4. Now I am curious to see if these 4 are in the top.
~Hillary

Anonymous said...

and I don't want to see Lil Rounds in the top 4. As of right now she is in my bottom 3.
~Hillary

Anonymous said...

That's not even a lucky guess. Those 4 are the logical finalists. I used to think that Anoop would fit in the top tier, but he's proving to be a flash in the pan. I think the producers are biased towards who they'd like to see win. And they probably never, ever want to get stuck with a corny, not very versatile old guy again. On the other hand, if that young woman who everyone believed was a plant and knew the producers had gone through and won the whole thing, then, yes, I would say the show is rigged.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Barb! Adam SUCKS!!!! Lay off the foundation boy!