Friday, June 6, 2008

Old People Gossip: Ed McMahon

My Grandma reads my gossip from time to time, so every once in awhile I like to include something for her. I really don't feel sorry for Ed McMahon. How do you lose that kind of money? I mean, sure - I can see losing $20 when you're drunk...but $200 million?
Photobucket
ED McMahon's years of boozing are partly to blame for his going broke. Johnny Carson's famed sidekick - who once had real-estate holdings of more than $200 million - is in danger of losing his Beverly Hills home in a foreclosure. "You drink and you don't pay attention to your business affairs," his manager, Johnny Podell, told Page Six. "He wasn't paying attention and probably got some bad advice." McMahon, 85, who also suffered through two expensive divorces, hasn't touched a drop in more than 10 years, and needs a break, said Podell. "I'm hoping America will rally around him and somebody will have a great idea to make him a spokesman."
(Source: Page Six)

3 comments:

Stacee said...

Yeah it's really hard for me to feel sorry for someone losing $200 million for whatever the reason.

Marlena said...

I only feel sorry for him cause he's old. I can't help it. I have a soft spot for the elderly.

Michelle said...

I guess maybe he should play those sweepstakes that he is always promoting.