Monday, June 23, 2008

Celebrity Sighting: Ethan Hawke

While I think Ethan Hawke always looks kind of stinky in real life, I LOVE "Movie Star Ethan Hawke!" And my friend Kamelia (who turned us on to the Fiberwig mascara) saw him last week on the NYC set of his new movie!
Photobucket
Photobucket

So I went to the set and hung out for about an hour... It kinda sucked cuz they were shooting inside the house so we couldn't really see anyting. I did get to see Ethan Hawke when he came out for a break... he is freakin HOT! He was really nice and waved to everyone and said "Nice to see you all, thanks for coming out"... My friend Izzy took pix of me by the set and next to the car that Ethan drives in the movie...

I was chatting with one of the crew and was trying to get some gossip out of him... He said that the movie is really a bloodbath and very violent. The actors all got along and there was no fighting about any scenes or lines or anything (BORING!)... He said that surprisingly all the major actors (Ethan Hawke, Wesley Snipes, Richard Geere, Don Cheedle) were really nice and not demanding. He said that sometimes they get outragous requests for things actors want in their trailers but these guys were just fine with whatever was given to them. I'm a little surprised!

Oh also, I was chatting with this other girl my age who said she had also been there yesterday when they were shooting. She said she hadn't even known they were shooting a movie there... She was shopping on Kings Highway (a big main street down the block from where they're shooting) and she looks up and sees Ethan Hawke walk past her! So she says out loud "Omg was that...........?" So he turns around, smiles at her and says "Hi. Yup, it's me." and walks away!

4 comments:

amy said...

I met Ethan Hawke once when he was still married to Uma. They were eating at a famous Mexican food place called Joe T Garcia's in Ft. Worth, TX with their kids. He was very nice.

Unknown said...

Was he cute?! Nice??

amy said...

Yes, he was both cute and nice. He was dressed much nicer than you see him look in most pics today. Uma was much more beautiful in person too. They were friendly and nobody really bothered them much and let them have their privacy and eat with their kids

amy said...

Here is a link to the restaurant we were at, it's such a cool place!
http://www.joets.com/